Sunday 22 July 2012

banana bread

A few days ago I noticed my stash of bananas were starting to get beyond the point of eating. So I decided to make some banana bread. I'd never made any before so I hti up google in search of a good recipe.

I stumbled upon a blog (I cannot remember the name of it for the life of me!) that had this recipe and a little side note saying the person who wrote the blog post had been nagging her friends mother for years for the recipe.
If it's a mummy recipe, you know it's going to be good!

I am not too great in the kitchen, so the fact that even I am saying this recipe is foolproof and delicious, says a lot.
If I can do this, anyone can.
So I thought I would share this recipe with you all.
Here goes; 

Pre-heat oven to 175 degrees celcius
Ingredients 

You will need;
cooling rack
loaf pan; greased.
4-5 bananas; smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg; beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon bi-carb baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups plain flour
Add the melted butter first.
Mix
Add sugar, egg & vanilla essence.
Mix.
It should look something like this so far.
Sprinkle bi-carb and salt on top.
Mix.
Add flour last.
Mix.
The mixture will go in to a batter & look something like this.
Pour mixture in to greased loaf pan & bake for roughly an hour.
 Mine usually only takes about 45-50 mins.
I just keep an eye on how brown the outside is and do the clean knife test.
And Voila! You have your banana bread.


I was so proud of myself for taking photos throughout the whole process and then once I had eaten a big piece, I realised I forgot to take a photo of the finished product in one piece, oops.

I also didn't realise that I don't actually own a cooling rack so I had to use a rack from my oven.

Everyone who has tried this has loved it, it's usually accompanied by 'I haven't had banana bread in years!'
It's a really good feeling when people enjoy you're cooking/baking.
I must do this more!

Let me know if you make banana bread using this recipe, I'd love to hear how it turns out.
I've already given it to 5 separate people who tried it and wanted it.

For those who want to just cut & paste the recipe, I'll re-write it here with no pictures.

Ingredients;
4-5 bananas; smashed
1/3 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg; beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon bi-carb baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups plain flour
greased oven loaf pan
cooling rack

Method;
Add butter to bananas first - mix
Add sugar, egg, vanilla essence - mix
Sprinkle salt & bi-carb on top - mix
Add flour last - Mix
Pour in to loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour

Do you have any simple but delicious recipes for me?
I would love them!
x

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...