Friday 6 July 2012

China Glaze & OPI

A couple of months ago I blogged about OzSale $6-$9 China Glaze sale, and the polish's that I purchased.

I realise it's been quite a while since then but I thought it would be better late than never to do a quick review on my experience.

I actually made 2 separate orders; one the day the sale started and another the next day as I decided I wanted more lol.
My first order included 8 nail polishes, and I was so excited about the Good Witch & Flying Dragon colours to arrive.

It took about 3 weeks but when they finally arrived, my heart sank.
As I was signing for the package I knew at least one bottle had broken as I could smell it before I even opened it.
Upon opening my package, this is what I came across...
(Thank goodness I noticed the smell and took the precaution of laying a towel down before I opened the package or my carpet would have some hideous stains from this!)



2 Broken bottles. And wouldn't you know it? The colours that broke were Good Witch & Flying Dragon!
I was incredibly disappointed in OzSale for their poor packaging.
It's pretty obvious that if you wrap 8 bottles of nail polish in one layer of bubble wrap and then pop them in a normal post bag, that something is bound to go wrong.
I personally think each bottle should have been individually wrapped & then posted in a box.
(Which coincidentally is how my second order arrived)

I promptly contacted OzSale, and after they received a picture as proof, they refunded my order in full.
It took a long time for OzSale to respond to me and an even longer time for them to actually follow through with the promised refund.
I'm satisfied with the refund as after giving my remaining unbroken bottles a good scrub with nail polish remover, they are good as new (except I can't read their shade names).

Overall it was a very long and drawn out affair dealing with OzSale and I can honestly say that unless they have some crazy amazing deal, I won't be buying from them again.

A week or so after the China Glaze sale, Catch Of The Day had a $10 OPI nail polish sale, from which I purchased 10 bottles.
I paid for my order in the morning and that evening my order was marked as 'processed' and the next morning it was marked as 'delivered'. The following day I received all 10 of my nail polishes, secure as anything and all unbroken.
I love that Catch of the Day don't make you wait until the sale has finished before they process and ship your order like your OzSale do.
It was a really easy and fast experience buying from them and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from their site again.

And that is my 2 cents!
Have you ever bought from either of these sites before?
If so, what was your experience like?
I'd love to know!

x




5 comments:

  1. Oh that photo almost made me cry! What a nightmare :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. god it looks like a nailpolish massacre! glad to hear your experience with COTD was smooth though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having problems finding
    one? Thanks a lot!

    Feel free to visit my page; heart rate monitor training

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...